Friday, August 20, 2010

The Gift That Keeps on Giving

We picked the boys up from the airport last Saturday night from camp. Henry arrived with a cough. He presented his germs to me in a format that my body didn't care for. I ended up with the flu. Generous boy. We send him away to sun and fun for 5 weeks. He returns the favor by bringing home the plague.

It's been five days and I still feel like hammered shit. Luckily, the boys have not wanted to do much except drown themselves in all things electronic. I have not wanted to do much except drown myself period.

I did manage to get out to shop for school supplies - a mistake - - since I was in no mood to discuss the finer attributes of one type of 3 ring binder versus another. But, I needed to get them out of the house for a bit. Their eyes were glassy from playing endless hours of Call of Duty and checking Facebook. I was afraid if I left them to their own devices they would blind themselves.

This too shall pass - but it's been a heck of a week. And while I'm not sure exactly what I've got, I am a little disappointed that among various symptoms of cough, fever, aches and pains - this particular disease did not include loss of appetite. In my book, it's only fair that if you're going to get ill you should at least get the accompanying benefit of shedding five pounds. Nope. I'm still craving peanut m&ms while simultaneously not wanting to get up off the couch. Dang.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Sounds like if peanut M&Ms sound good and are comfort food for you right now? Enjoy every bite! There's a flu like that going around here too -- I'm so sorry you caught it and can't yet fully enjoy having the boys home.