Monday, April 13, 2009

Better Late than Never...

For the record, I DO understand that one is supposed to color easter eggs prior to the actual holiday. Somehow, we ended up doing this yesterday morning AFTER the bunny had already delivered the loot. I had planned ahead. I bought the eggs on Thursday. I boiled the eggs on Friday. I wondered aloud why the smell of boiled eggs had to permeate EVERYTHING in the house and refrigerator. Then, I failed at the actual execution of dying in a timely fashion. We colored them on Sunday morning. At least we managed to do it before Memorial Day.
Spring break was fairly uneventful. George the Younger reminded me every day, with righteous indignation, that "Spring Break" meant actually doing something OTHER THAN school type things. Say, like going on vacation to Hawaii or to Disneyland. Instead, he "got" to go to class everyday for four hours. I admitted that he had a point. I admitted that he had every right to moan and whine. I reminded him that no amount of griping or groaning or bellyaching, no matter how long in duration, was going to change the fact that he was still going to go. He was not a member of my fan club for the week. And to add insult to injury, his bball practice was cancelled due to rain. We had serious pre-teen unhappiness. What a world? What a world? The injustice of it all....
Henry, on the other hand, took the opportunity to watch as much TV as he could and has now memorized the scripts to many George Lopez episodes. I'm so proud.

No comments: