Saturday, January 24, 2009

Conundrum Complete

At exactly 9:04 pm on Friday January 23rd, the Theme from Rocky, the Theme from 2001 a Space Odyssey and Fanfare for the Common Man began to ring out simultaneously in my head as I boldly wiggled the last piece of my Stave Puzzle in place! Arms were raised in triumph and a loud "YOP!" could be heard for miles around. I scared the dog.

As promised, here is a photo of this bad boy. Disappointingly, it doesn't look quite as complex assembled as it did when all the pieces where scattered randomly around. So, it's likely you're scratching your head wondering what all the fuss is about. No matter. I'm the one who put the friggin' thing together and only I must endure the memories of the mental battlefield that was once a but a mustering troop of diabolical puzzle pieces.





I tried to capture some of the insanity in this close-up of the dragon's heads, but again, it looks easy. If I told you that the ruffled edge along the top was merciless, would you believe me? Or am I just a whiny wimp?



Wimp or no wimp - - the journey is over. And upon this milestone, another problem rears its ugly head. At what point can I take the puzzle apart and remove the "puzzling table" from my living room? Honestly, I would like to gaze upon my accomplishment at least for a couple of days. But, really, how lame is that? A grown woman who wants to look at her finished puzzle for a couple of days? Does this have "get a new life / hobby/ pedicure appointment" written all over it or what?

Well, I could always frame it and put it up in the guest bathroom. Nothing says "What's wrong with your hostess?" like framed puzzles in the loo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to frame it! Only seeing it in person can a "friend" appreciate your glee.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! Decopage that thing and hang it!!!!
love, d