- Setting a table properly (without the use of paper napkins thrown on the middle of the table)
- Washing dishes (where indeed, there a complete absence of food shrapnel or grease residue)
- Loading a dishwasher in a logical manner (It's like a puzzle people. Think about it, there's a way to get it all in there and if it's in there correctly and logically it's easier to get it out!)
- Cooking something edible for dinner. Cooking one special "date" dinner just in case too.
- Doing the laundry in color coordinated loads and folding said clean laundry so as not to render the actual washing of it an utter waste of time.
- Making a bed the right way
- Learning to dust and vacuum in the right order
I am sure that there are others - washing windows comes to mind - but I think that that is just the OC cleaning part of me coming out. And, there in lies the rub for my guys. I want them to know how to do all these things. It is IMPORTANT that they know all these things. But, the kicker is that they just happen to have this slightly OC person for a mom. It's going to take some fortitude to let them do it their way and then find a way for me to secretly do it again "the right way" without them knowing it. Hmmm, that seems wrong. Perhaps I am going to have to learn that sometimes it's just better that they do it their own entirely and utterly ineffective way and I am going to have to...well, I'm just going to have to "RELEASE". If George the Elder is reading this - - he is l-a-u-g-h-i-n-g. Ha Ha Snort Snort guffaw guffaw. Sure. Like that's gonna happen...